Favero Assioma DUO Double Side Power Meter Spindles - For Shimano (Assioma DUO-Shi)
Assioma Power Meter Pedals for Shimano ( DUO-Shi ) - Breakthrough technology applied to cycling, to make your training more efficient and effective than ever. Set your targets with ultra-precise and reliable watt measurements. Hard facts, not estimates, to make the most of each pedal stroke.
Power meter with sensors on both sides compatible with Shimano® pedal bodies*.
Increased Q-factor: +64/+65mm**
Designed for the compatibility with Shimano® road
Assioma DUO-Shi has been designed for Shimano® road users, as it offers the opportunity to keep on riding with your current Shimano® pedal bodies* without giving up on the trustability and precision of Assioma.
Installation into your own Shimano® pedal bodies
Installing Assioma DUO-Shi into your own compatible Shimano® pedal bodies* is simple and quick. Watch our video for the installation.
*Compatible Shimano® pedal bodies
Assioma DUO-Shi is compatible with the following Shimano® pedal bodies: PD-R8000, PD-R7000, PD-6800, PD-R550 and PD-R540.
The Q-factor of Assioma Look® version is of +54mm, whereas that of Assioma DUO-Shi measures +64mm with the PD-R7000/R550/R540 pedal bodies and +65mm with the PD-R8000/6800.
Despite an initial concern related to the increase of the q-factor, we decided to proceed with the project considering that body size (height, pelvis width, etc.) is a subjective factor contributing to determining which is the best q-factor for each one of us.
A final, positive feedback from our beta testers has eventually validated the product.
Easy to install
Install and move your Assioma from one bike to another just like your normal pedals. You can do it easily and without extra tools or the need for a mechanic.
IAV Cycling Dynamics
Assioma provides advanced metrics called IAV Cycling Dynamics: IAV Power Phase and IAV Rider Position. These metrics, combined with the classic power data permit you to analyze in detail your pedaling technique and how your position on the bike influences performance.
IAV Power and gyroscope
Unlike others, the measurement of Assioma is not affected by errors related to very irregular pedaling (e.g. uphill sprints) or the use of oval chainrings. This is because Assioma can detect the actual instantaneous angular velocity during the whole pedal stroke, thus providing ±1% accuracy in any conditions. Not only in the lab.
Bluetooth and ANT+
Assioma communicates with bike computers and smartphones (both Android and iOS) via Bluetooth and ANT+.
Real dual-sided power data
Assioma DUO-Shi measures power individually on both legs; this makes possible to observe with accuracy not only Total Power, but also L/R Balance, Torque Effectiveness (TE), Pedal Smoothness (PS), etc.
Accuracy and consistency
Assioma guarantees accurate and consistent data in all conditions on the road, and at any temperature ranging from -10°C and 60°C, thanks also to the ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation).
Waterproof and resistant
The power sensors are protected by a bi-component resin block, extremely resistant to shocks and completely waterproof.
Rechargeable and green
Assioma is the only pedal-based power meter for road with integrated rechargeable batteries; a single charge ensures at least 50 hours of use.
Tested and guaranteed
Favero Electronics produces every power meter in-house and tests each of them thoroughly to fully satisfy the standard required by current regulations.
- Power sensors for the right and left pedal
- Dual-sided power measurement
- Cadence sensor: included, inbuilt
- Gyroscope: included, inbuilt
- Power calculation system: IAV (Instantaneous Angular Velocity-based)
- IAV Cycling Dynamics: yes
- Oval-chainring compatible: yes
- Weight of Assioma DUO-Shi without pedal bodies: 99,0g per side (battery included)
- Weight of Assioma DUO-Shi with PD-R8000 pedal body: 157,0g per side (battery included)
- Adapter’s material: aerospace aluminium alloy
- Battery type: rechargeable lithium battery
- Battery life: at least 50 hours
- Radio communication: Bluetooth v4.0, ANT+ PWR profile (CT + PO)
- Accuracy power measurement: ± 1%
- Temperature compensation: -10°C / +60°C
- Waterproofness rating: IP67
- Q-factor with:
-PD-R7000/R550/R540: +64 mm
-PD-R8000/6800: +65 mm
- Bike type: road
- Made in Italy
- Warranty: 2 years
- Left power sensor with adapter for Shimano® pedal bodies*
- Right power sensor with adapter for Shimano® pedal bodies*
- Battery charger including plugs (EU, US, UK, AU)
- 2 two-meter long micro-USB/USB cables with 2 magnetic connectors
- Hex key and 4 washers for the installation
- Assioma user manual
- Assioma DUO-Shi user manual